Is there anything better than sweet potato? Well... a properly cooked sweet potato? I find a lot are served soggy when their intention is to be crispy. However if the cooking technique is mastered you have yourself one flavoursome vegetable.
So here it is, a simple way to nail that sweet potato. Crunchy on the outside, and fluffy on the inside.This one is particularly suited for the not-so-fresh feeling on a Sunday morning. Ultimate hangover cure = any form of potato. ASAP.
These are much easier than you may think!
WHAT YOU NEED:
1 large sweet potato, washed and grated with the skin on.
1 chia egg (2 tbsp of chia seeds mixed with 5 tbsp of water until gel consistency is formed).
1/2 cup buckwheat flour
2 tbsp garam masala
3 tbsp Garlic infused olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
2. Add chia egg and oil to shredded potato and mix thoroughly.
3. Add remaining dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
4. Use hands to roll out potato gems and place onto tray lined with backing paper.
5. Drizzle potato gems with garlic infused olive oil.
5. Place in oven and cook for 10 mins before turning over, drizzling with olive oil again and cooking other sides for 10 mins.
Open that oven and see if they are golden enough for you, you may want to flip them for another 5 minutes. At the end of the day you be the judge, you are the one eating them after all!
*CASHEW CREAM SAUCE RECIPE TO COME*
Serving suggestion: Pile our scrambled tofu recipe on top (words scrambled tofu will link to recipe)