What a treat these little chocolate bites are! I would even go as far to say that they are one of my favourite raw creations, backed up by the fact I ate the whole batch myself in one day..... Yup.....The whole batch.
Follow these easy instructions to make your own! Make sure you set them in the freezer for long enough before coating them in the chocolate sauce to then set again. Enjoy x
WHAT YOU NEED:
Roughly 14 dates
Small packet of raw peanuts (you will need three peanuts for each date/snickers bite)
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp tahini
2 tsp maca powder
1 tsp dutch cinnamon
Pinch of salt
2 tbsp rice malt syrup
2 tbsp coconut oil
4 tbsp cacao
HOW YOU DO IT:
1. Start by combining all of the caramel sauce ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Spoon a portion of the caramel sauce onto a date, about the size of the top surface of the date.
3. Place three peanuts in the sauce so they stick (see photo below).
4. Place in freezer to set for 20 minutes.
5. While dates are setting, make a start on your chocolate sauce by combining all ingredients in a bowl.
6. Make sure you have a plate or container lined with baking paper before dipping each date in the sauce, ensuring each is covered entirely with chocolate sauce (I found this easiest when using two spoons). Place chocolate dates on lined plate.
7. When all dates are coated in sauce, place in the freezer for another 30 minutes or until set, and enjoy!