Updated: Jul 29, 2020
We all love granola... but unfortunately a lot of the brands available at the supermarket contain other hidden nasties or an absolutely ridiculous amount of sugar. Follow this loose guide to create a delicious, healthy granola to add to your smoothie bowls, fruit salad, or to just be eaten with your favourite mylk! (I also snack on it by itself)...
In this mix I picked almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts and cashews. As long as you use the base of rice malt, cinnamon and buckinis... you can adapt the rest to your taste by choosing your favourite nut mixture.
WHAT YOU NEED:
2 cups of your favourite nuts... I used 1/4 cup each of walnuts/cashews/hazelnuts/almonds
1/4 cup of a sweet element... I used goji berries but you could also use sultanas/coconut/cranberries.
1 cup of activated buckinis (buckwheat)
1 heaped tsp dutch cinnamon (I find it sweeter than regular cinnamon)
2 tbsp rice malt syrup
HOW YOU DO IT:
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
2. Place bukinis on a tray and activate in the oven for 5 minutes.
3. While bukinis are in the oven place the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
4. After 5 minutes remove bukinis from the oven and mix in with the ingredients in your bowl.
5. Place whole mixture on tray and place in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until golden.
6. Let your granola sit on the bench to cool. As the mixture cools it will harden letting you break it into desired sized pieces.... and there you go!